Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 2013 hates me thus far...

It all started on Saturday, June 1. I posted 3 bails that day. Ran my butt off. It started at 1:00 am and finished that afternoon. On my way home from the jail there was an accident on the highway, so I took the long way around. Luckily, it was a nice day for a drive. June 2: reviewing my paperwork from the previous days and realized that I was missing an important piece of paper from one bail and COMPLETELY screwed up another one. As in, I wrote the bond out for $89 less than it needed to be. Shit. I called the jail to see if I could come and fix it, but they had dropped the bond and I had to wait until the morning. Ugh. June 3: Got the call that I could go to the jail and correct my mistake from Saturday. YAY!!! So off I go knowing that I am taking a loss to my pay. If I'm not in the office, I don't get paid. Figuring I would lose an hour to an hour and a half at most, I put the pedal to the floor. On my way I got a call about a new bail at that jail that was ready to go. Sweet. I fixed my bond and called the new signer. "Ready to go" meant "I need to call you back" which led to "I will be there in an hour." 12:00 they show up. I bang out my paperwork and go into the lobby at 12:20. At 2:45 they pull me into the back to write my bond and meet my client. At 3:15 they finally take my bond. 3:30, they walk us out. Just in time for traffic. At this point it's not worth it for me to go back to the office because: A. I'm miserable B. By the time I get there it's time to go home. Yes, I could stay late to make up my hours, but it's my only night off this week so I really don't want to. June 4: Arizona Liability. Nuff said Side note: If I ever go to Phoenix, I might need a bail because I have so much hatred for the way they do bail I might kill someone. In addition to it flat out being a bad day at the office. June 5: Another day, another headache. The past 2 days sucked so bad that I blocked them out. June 6: Spilled soda on myself walking out the door. Hit the curb trying to park my car. Tripped walking down the street. Shawn was out of the office so I was writing bail that day in addition to my office work. Met my client at the jail at grabbed the wrong paperwork...twice. Had a stare down with a red ant while waiting for him to be released. Went back to the office for an hour or so and went back out to do another bail. Just in time for the rain. Made it back to the office with 2 hours left in the day to finish my entire day's worth of work. June 7: Put Fraggile Rock style pig tails in my hair because I hit a point where nothing made sense in my life except the need for pigtails. Stressing about money. My boss helped out a bit for me being out of the office all day on Monday. But I'm at the point where I need every penny I can get. I assess my check for certain bills and it not being the same every week stresses me out BIG TIME. I need to write bail in ADDITION to my paycheck, not instead of. I'm not trying to sound mean, rude, unappreciative, etc. I really appreciate the extra compensation. It just needed both. But bail is a crap shoot and unpredictable. So you take what you can get. LOL. I need 2 new tires before I go see my dad next weekend, car payment is due this week, other bills need to be paid, and I still need to find the travel money for next week. UGH. June 8: Things are looking up! Got my final 2 tires on my car for a decent price! But it's pretty scary when the guys at the shop know me when I walk in the door. Thank God they're nice and not trying to screw me on the price. And I got MORE coupons!!!!! I have a hair appointment this afternoon, so I'm really hoping that goes well :) But I'm really bummed that for the third year in a row I am missing the Kenny Chesney concert. I need to make more money. STAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment