Sunday, January 13, 2013

$2,113.58

$2,113.58 That is an actual number reflecting my "income" from working at JC Penney for the year 2012. Yes. I work there very part time. However, nothing depresses me more than realizing that I wasted a ton of my year for $2,113.58. Would you accept a job that paid you $2,113.58 per year? That's $40 per week...before taxes. After taxes...$32 per week. Things I can do to make more than $32 per week: clip coupons, mow someone's lawn, shovel a driveway, wait on 1 table consisting of 6 adults and Denny's, cash in loose change, return used games to Best Buy, sell 3 scarves that took me a total of 4 hours to make, sell my blood, drive to NYS and return cans for recycling...do you see where I'm going with this. Most importantly...things I can do for more than $40 per week BEFORE taxes...WRITE ONE BAIL! One. Time to seriously consider the time I spend working for a company ranked as the most hated in the country that has done nothing but take away from their staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment